Date tba at Corpus Christie Catholic Church, Henfield.
Designed for complete beginners (and also useful for improvers who want to go over the foundations). A gentle and friendly class designed to focus on basic yoga postures and simple breathwork. Suitable for all ages and body types and delivered in a friendly, non scary style!
The class will cover:
- Introduction to yoga – what to expect in a class
- Explore some basic postures to understand what we are trying for in terms of optimal alignment
- Options for differentiation for when a full posture isn’t possible (eg arthritic wrists or sore knees)
- Postures for strength and flexibility
- Postures to work, stretch, soften and strengthen different body parts and improve your posture
- Simple balances
- Standing, seated and lying postures
- Using props (blocks, straps) for comfort, alignment and to fully access a posture
- Introduction to different breathing and pranayama techniques
- Deep relaxation time
There will also be plenty of time for Q&A and you’ll get handouts with diagrams of the postures covered.
Social distancing observed if preferred by attendees (it doesn’t have to be hands-on as in the photo!)
Please message me [email protected] or WhatsApp 07782 171459 if you are interested in attending a Beginners Workshop.
A great introduction if you are planning on attending regular yoga classes.
This class can be purchased as a one-off and is open to everyone regardless of your experience.
The class is £25 but if you already do regular midweek classes with Marie please ask for a £10 off coupon code before booking.